On August 31, St. Petersburg College‘s Student Future Educators of America (SFEA) club held its first meeting of the Fall 2020 semester online. Led by Dr. Wanda Santos and Dr. Jessica Curtis, the group discussed their mission and plans for the fall. After reviewing all the details, we played games virtually to get to know each other better while building a support system for our peers.
SFEA is an organization that believes in excellence in teacher quality and the importance of community outreach for student success. We are a united voice for our profession and in fulfilling the promise that all children have the human and civil right to a free, quality public education.
SFEA provides a unique opportunity for students to be involved in a professional organization prior to beginning their careers as educators. As members of the most influential group for aspiring educators, they have the power to have their voices heard. SFEA members are empowered advocates who are passionate about their students, the preservation of public education and becoming leaders who will act with passion and knowledge as they grow in their profession.
Joining Student FEA also provides future educators with access to:
- Professional development through workshops and conferences specifically
designed for the needs of aspiring educators
- Mentoring and networking opportunities with practicing educators
- Community outreach projects
- Economic benefits through FEA ACCESS card
- $3 million for professional liability and legal services for internship
- Leadership opportunities and a chance to affect change in areas like teacher education, education legislation and certification requirements
How to Join
If you are in SPC’s College of Education, or if you plan to be, join us for our next meeting, which will be on Zoom on Sept. 28 from 7-8 p.m. This is an opportunity you don’t want to miss. You can be involved and share your enthusiasm with like minds.
For more information, or to get a Zoom link for the meeting, contact Dr. Jessica Curtis at email@example.com.
We hope to see you there!