Out-of-classroom experience is the #1 attribute that employers are looking for from recent graduates. Whether you are looking for an internship to fulfill an academic program requirement, looking for out of classroom experience, or even trying to decide on a major, the Internship Expo will be an event you do not want to miss.
Graph provided by the Chronicle of Higher Education and America Public Media’s Marketplace. Over 50,000 employers from around the United States participated in this survey.
The Internship Expo will be held at the St. Petersburg College Seminole Campus:
- Wednesday, March 29th from 12p.m. – 2p.m.
- UP Building – Lobby
- 9200 113th St N, Seminole FL 33772
- Follow the Internship Expo on Facebook for company profiles, calendar reminders and additional information about the event.
The Internship Expo is open to all current students and alumni. This is an unbelievable opportunity to speak directly with hiring managers and recruiters to secure an internship in your field of study. It will also serve as an excellent source of information for those who are still exploring degree and career options.
At the Internship Expo you can:
- Meet local employers
- Explore internship opportunities and future careers paths
- Enjoy a free lunch with current student ID
Over 20 companies will be in attendance looking for interns in a variety of academic programs.
- Business Administration, Management and Finance
- Computer and Information Technology
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Sustainability Management
- Environmental Science
- Digital Arts – Graphic Design, Video Production & Illustration
- Social Work
- Public Safety
There will also be SPC representatives from Career and Academic Advising in attendance that can assist you with your internship and academic questions.
For more information about the Internship Expo contact Employment and Internship Coordinator Jacob Wortock at 727-341-3102 or firstname.lastname@example.org or @JacobWortock
As always, get more career and internship information at SPC by following us on Twitter at #careerspc and #spcintern.