Join us on Monday, November 30th at the Clearwater Campus from 11 a.m.-2 p.m!
Use this opportunity to meet with employers and stand out from other candidates. Get an overview of what it’s like to work for a company or a sector that seem interesting to you.
Participating Employers will collect resumes and exchange business cards. This is a great opportunity for you to share who you are and your work experience. You are encouraged to talk to employers about their expectations.
This is your opportunity to be evaluated on more than just your resume. In many aspects of the job search, your resume (and cover letter) is (are) all the employer sees to determine whether to interview you. At a fair, you have an opportunity to stand out in person in a way that you might not on your resume. Interpersonal skills, communication skills and work-place-appropriate social skills are critical. Many employers evaluate these skills heavily, because they want to hire people who can make a good impression on their clients and customers.
Before you go…..
- Know which employers are attending.
- Do enough research to make “A” &”B” lists of employers to meet.
- Have plenty of copies of your resume ready. You might need to prepare more than one version.
- Prepare a 20 to 30 second introduction to use with employers.
- Prepare questions in advance
- Dressed to impress
- Bring Copies of your resume
- Be prepared for an-the-spot interview
Child Care Careers
AKM Care Services Inc.
TSE Industries Inc.
Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections
City of Largo
A&K Energy Conservation Inc
Vector Marketing/Cutco Cutlery
Hillsborough County Government
For more information, contact Marci Martinez, Career Specialist at 727-791-5951- or Martinez.Marcia@spcollege.edu.