On April 22, SPC College of Business Hospitality and Tourism faculty attended The Ryan Wells Foundation’s Evening with the Chefs event at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort on Clearwater Beach.
Culinary students work with local chefs
Pinellas County culinary students worked alongside local chefs at the event to prepare gourmet appetizers, small plates and desserts for the fund raising effort. There was also a live auction and presentation of student scholarships. The foundation has raised almost $800,000 in scholarship funds for local students.
Local Executive Chefs at the event included:
- John Harris, Rusty’s Bistro at Sheraton Sand Key
- Doug Bebell, Mystic Fish
- Scott Bebell, Guppy’s
- Chris Ponte, Cafe Ponte
- Tyson Grant, Parkshore Grill
- Mark Hyrcko, Island Way Grill
- Jeffrey Jew, Stillwaters Tavern
- Stephen Jordan, Caretta on the Gulf at Sandpearl Resort
- Mark Heimann, Vinoy Renaissance Resort & Golf Club
- Justin Harry, Rum Fish Grill at Trade Winds Island Resort
- William Brown, William Dean Chocolates
The Ryan Wells Foundation’s Mission is to improve the culinary arts and hospitality education of Pinellas County students through scholarships for post-secondary education and support of high school and vocational culinary programs.