Alumni Inspire at Public Policy Luncheon

alumni panel

Connor Donovan, Tarpon Springs City Commission member and St. Petersburg College Alumnus spoke at the 15th Public Policy Leadership Speaker Series on Wednesday, April 10. Donovan was just one member of a panel of distinguished alumni on hand to talk about how their education in the Public Policy Administration program changed their lives.

“My journey in this program has shaped my journey in life, and I am so thankful for it,” Donovan said.

Learning from our alumni

Donovan was recently elected to the Tarpon Springs City Commission, a position he sought after conversations with Program Director Jeff Kronschnabl. Donovan lauded the professors in the program for being so accessible and encouraging.

Panelist Octavia Jarnegan, who graduated in May 2018 and works for the Hillsborough County Clerk of Court, said establishing relationships with classmates and professors has expanded her horizons.

“When I came to my first class, I didn’t know anybody, but when I left – I left knowing some of the best people I’ve ever known,” she said.

Jarnegan and others said they have been able to implement part or all of their Capstone projects in their workplace. It shows, they said, how relevant the program is to their careers.

“These classes do prepare you for real life,” said 2017 graduate Daria Johnson, who works for the Florida Department of Education.
The Public Policy program thanks the panelists:

Thanking our panelists

• Connor Donovan
  • Sane Haidara
  • Octavia Jarnegan
  • Daria Johnson
  • Benjamin Woods

The Public Policy Speakers series was yet another opportunity for students to learn and be inspired by alumnus that are making a difference in our community. St. Petersburg College Public Policy graduates are changing the world, one neighborhood at a time. Ready to change your world, your city, your neighborhood? Learn more about the Public Policy program at St. Petersburg College today.