Manufacturing Month 2018 is held in October, and St. Petersburg College will take part with its own Manufacturing Week Oct. 1 – 7 with FREE open house and career exploration events, open to both the public and students.
SPC works closely with our industry partners to give you the opportunity to take your learning from the classroom to your job or get you prepared for that next step. Hope you can come out to take advantage of these events. Whether you come as a current student or prospective student, we are here for YOU!
Manufacturing Month 2018 open house events
Have you ever thought of being an engineer, engineering technologist, BMET technician, or construction supervisor? How about pursuing a career in architecture? The open house events and careers in engineering panel events are opportunities to learn more about the programs and expectations at SPC, meet faculty and students, talk to career counselors, tour the labs, and view student work and demonstrations.
- Building Arts Open House – Monday – 10/1 – Learn more about building design and construction management degree and careers to pursue
- 5-7 p.m., Clearwater Campus, CR 188/182
- Engineering Technology Open House and Networking Event – Tuesday 10/2 – Learn more about Engineering Technology Degree and careers
- 5-7 p.m., Clearwater Campus, CR 191
- Biomedical Technician Open House and PANEL DISCUSSION Event – Wednesday 10/3 – Learn more about the Biomedical Engineering Technology Degree and careers. There will be a panel discussion as well with students and instructors.
Other career-exploration related events
You can attend a career building workshop to help with your resume so you are prepared for employment or that promotion you are looking for.
- Career Resume Workshop for Engineering Technology Majors – Wednesday 10/3, 12:30 – 2 p.m., St. Petersburg/Gibbs Campus
- Resume Writing Workshop – Thursday 10/4, 12:30 – 2 p.m., Clearwater Campus
For more information about these events, please contact:
- Joseph Benavides at Benavides.email@example.com or 727-791-2622
- Lara Sharp at Sharp.firstname.lastname@example.org or 727-398-8256
Engineering, Manufacturing, and Building Arts programs at SPC
SPC offers industry certifications and associate degree programs with embedded certificates that not only make you a specialist but can get you into this field quickly.
Our hands-on engineering technology programs give you the skills to become a go-to problem solver and the precise technical know-how needed in today’s advanced manufacturing operations require.