Inspiring Teachers Have IT

people in a classroom

Learning is FUNdamental – and the fun is not silent!  Where would you be without all of the inspiring teachers who spent time helping you learn about yourself and the world? The best teachers have IT (Inspirational Teacher): The inspirational factor it takes to be a successful teacher by being fully invested and making learning fun. Graduates from St. Petersburg College‘s Education programs definitely have IT.

Kristen Lintz has IT!

Kristen Lintz graduated from SPC’s College of Education with a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education K-6 with an ESOL endorsement.

In 2016-2017, Lintz, a kindergarten teacher at Pinellas Park Elementary School, was nominated for the  National LifeChanger of the Year Award.  LifeChanger nominations are for the first-rate K-12 public and private school teachers across the United States who are making a difference in students’ lives.  She was nominated by a child’s grandmother who recognized something special. Lintz said she was inspired by one of her own teachers, who never gave up on her students.

“She would never gave up on me. I never felt bad because I didn’t understand it the first time, so I wanted that for my students,” Lintz said.

Pinellas County Schools

Jenni Herman has IT!  

Jenni Herman is a a 2007 Elementary Education graduate of St. Petersburg College. She is now a inspiring teacher of second grader at Pinellas Central Elementary School.  Lintz shares her passion for teaching and never ceases to enjoy the moments where students understand the FUNdamental concepts.  Lintz is one of the 2018 Top 10 Finalists for Pinellas County Schools Outstanding Educator of the Year Award. Herman said she was inspired by her father, who was a teacher.

“I watched my dad change so many lives. It inspired me to go into teaching because I felt I could go to work every day and change lives,” she said.

Pinellas County Schools

Do you have IT? Come check out career opportunities in eduation at our Open House on Wednesday, February 7, from 4 – 7:00 p.m. at the Clearwater Campus.  More info coming!

For more information on Elementary Education programs and other offerings in education, please contact Pat Roper @ 727-7125410 or email her at roper.pat@spcollege.edu.