Explore communications degrees and careers at St. Petersburg College’s Career and Academic Communities Fair June 19-22. Held on eight campus locations over four days, you can pick the date and location that work best for you.
What is a Career and Academic Community?
Our 10 Career and Academic Communities
group similar majors into concentrations so
you’ll benefit from:
- Advisors dedicated solely to your program
- A closer connection to experienced faculty
- Collaboration with like-minded students
- A path toward your chosen profession
Communications degrees and careers
Whether you’re on the fence or totally sure of your career path, this is a great opportunity to explore SPC communications degrees and careers and see what SPC’s Communications Community is all about!
Students in the Communications Community are pursuing careers in a wide variety of fields, including journalism, marketing, public relations, sign language interpretation, English language & literature, foreign language, and many more. Two of our most popular degrees are:
However, you can earn your degree in our Community if you are interested in any communications-related career. In fact, since communication skills are essential for any career, the Communications Community is a great place to be if you want to explore a wide variety of career options.
Outside of your courses and degree plans, you can also get involved in campus life. Come to the event to learn more about these awesome student organizations:
- The Sandbox student newspaper
- Interdisciplinary Quarterly academic journal
- Student Government Organization
- Honors College
- SPC Radio
- Toastmasters club
- Silent Titans ASL club
- Spanish club
- …and more!
Looking for a little inspiration?
Check out these success stories about St. Petersburg College communications graduates who have found success:
- SPC sign language student Holli Tempe follows her heart
- SPC alumna Deniann Grant is finalist for Teach for America fellowship