SPC Paints the Block with Habitat!

Group photo of SPC Baseball team

With the help from SPC, Habitat for Humanity in Pinellas County painted over 17 homes in St. Petersburg this past Saturday.

SPC’s Baseball Team came out in force showing the community that SPC’s athletes are leaders who strength of character goes beyond the field.

Dr. Griffith ,Associate Provost of Downtown & Allstate Campuses, also rolled up her sleeves and painted side by side students ready to chip in on a Saturday morning.

Student Life Coordinator, Frank Jurkovic and and Career Services Coordinator, Michael Jean-Felix were tireless in their organization making sure students, faculty and staff partnered in the event.

SPC is a proud supporter of Habitat for Humanity-an organization making home ownership possible for low income families wanting the American Dream.

For more information, please contact Tara Newsom at newsom.tara@spcollege.edu.

One thought on “SPC Paints the Block with Habitat!

1. I had nice experience with Habitat for Humanity “ReStore”, the store was locating on 49th street north, Clearwater and I volunteer there Friday 18 ,2018. This company is a nonprofit organization that helps people to builds home for families at affordable price. The humanitarian association can achieve that thanks to the donation of new and gentle items that they sold in the retail this store called “Restore” at discounted price and use the money for building the houses for needy family .
    Jack Shanks is the director in this facility and supervisor, nice person. My job was as Restore assistant. I had so much fun to interact with people and move items around the store. Decorate is my passion, I started the match items in the store and in the end of the day I was fulfil with joy to help others, I always feel great to give to others my time, my skills my help.
    I’m very proud to be part of this community and help people and family to make their dream real. I’m looking forward to volunteer again.