Please join us Tuesday, February 9, 2016 – 5:30 – 730 p.m.
13805 58th Street
Click here to get directions.
Careers in Insurance
Demand for insurance agents, underwriters and claim representatives is projected to grow 10 percent through 2022, as fast as the average for all occupations. – Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Claims Adjuster
- Customer Service Representative
- Claims Service Representative
- Insurance Specialist
- Insurance Sales Agent
What is Risk Management?
Risk management is a process for identifying, assessing, and prioritizing risks of different kinds. Once the risks are identified, the risk manager will create a plan to minimize or eliminate the impact of negative events. A variety of strategies is available, depending on the type of risk and the type of business. There are a number of risk management standards, including those developed by the Project Management Institute, the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), the National Institute of Science and Technology, and actuarial societies.
Join us at this event to:
- Learn about careers in the dynamic and growing risk management and insurance profession
- Network with local insurance carriers
- Talk to hiring managers
- Learn about advancement opportunities
- Learn more about what degrees you can earn to work in the risk management and insurance industry
- Learn about scholarship opportunities
- Ask employers questions in an informal environment is
RSVP online or call Bethany Greenley at 727-302-6487 for more information.
Joint Sponsorship between the Florida Association of Insurance Agents (FAIA) and St. Petersburg College