Project management across the United States is an extremely diverse and growing industry. By 2020, there will be an expected 6.2 million jobs for certified project managers, which is about a 12% increase from today’s market.
The Tampa Bay area alone has experienced a 38% growth in job postings for project managers since 2012 and is expected to continue to rise. Of these jobs, the number of project manager job postings in the Tampa Bay area listing a Project Management Professional Certification or PMP as “required” or “preferred” is dramatically increasing.
Why do you need a certification in project management?
- It opens the door to more job opportunities in project management
Project Management is a booming industry. By 2020, there’s anticipated to be 6.2 million jobs for certified project managers, which is about a 12% increase from today’s market, according to the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- You’re able to increase your salary by more than 20%
According to the Project Management Institute, project managers with a PMP learn approximately 22% more annually than project managers without one. This percentage increases with experience.
- You can distinguish yourself as a specialist
Project management is an extremely diverse field, and project managers can be utilized on nearly any part of a business team in many industries. Given the variety of job and career opportunities, there are certifications available to demonstrate your specialized project management knowledge.
Here are the certifications that PMI offers:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)
- Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)
How to get a certification in Project Management
In order to sit for one of PMI’s certification exams, you must meet certain minimum criteria. A key criteria requirement is to meet a minimum amount of hours of project management education. One of the best ways to receive this education is by attending a certification exam prep class in your area.
Project Management Certification Exam Prep Classes (PMP/CAPM) in Pinellas County and Tampa Bay
At SPC’s Workforce Institute, we offer project management certification exam prep classes and training for non-degree seeking students in the Tampa Bay area interested in either the Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Certification. These classes are designed to prepare professionals to sit for and pass the PMI Certification exam(s).
The course(s) also meet the educational hour requirement needed to sit for the PMP and/or CAPM Certification exam(s).
- Click here to see upcoming class dates
- Location #1: St. Petersburg College EpiCenter, 13805 58th Street North, Clearwater, Florida 33760
- Schedule #1: Every Saturday for 6 weeks from 8:30 am-3:30 pm (1 hour for lunch)
- Location #2: St. Petersburg College Downtown Campus, 244 2nd Ave N, St Petersburg, Florida 33701
- Schedule #2: Every Monday and Wednesday for 6 weeks from 6:00 pm -9:00 pm
- PMI Educational Hours Earned: 36 hours
Funding assistance is available. Students may also be eligible to receive a one-year membership to the Project Management Institute (PMI) Florida Suncoast Chapter.
For more information regarding upcoming prep classes or project management training, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (727) 341-4445.
For the dates of our upcoming PMP Certification Exam Prep Class and CAPM Certification Exam Prep Class, please click here.