A recruiting event is a great way to connect with agencies seeking to fill open positions. During the event, you have the chance to make a great impression in person. This is especially true and important if your resume does not necessarily stand out from the crowd.
Upcoming recruiting event
The LINCS Supply Chain Program is hosting a Meet the Recruiters event on Tuesday, Feb. 21, from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. at the SPC EpiCenter, 13805 58th St. N., Clearwater. The event is FREE and open to the public.
The following recruitment agencies will be in attendance:
- Kelly Services
- Meri M. Stockwell, LLC
- Frank Crum Staffing
- Select Staffing
- Link Staffing
Students will have the opportunity to network and meet with representatives from some of the area’s top recruitment agencies with open positions across various industries.
To RSVP, contact LINCS@spcollege.edu.
Come ready and prepared
In order to make the best impression at our upcoming Meet the Recruiters event and to be as effective as possible, you need to get READY and come PREPARED.
- Have plenty of copies of your resume with you. You need to prepare more than one version if you are looking for more than one type of job.
- Prepare your Elevator Pitch (your 20-to-30 second commercial) and be prepared to talk about your experiences and skills.
- Prepare some smart questions in advance. This shows you are proactive and attentive.
- Dress for success! Conservative is always the best option.
Remember these tips
- Watch your manners and mannerisms. Have a good handshake and remember to make eye contact.
- Be clear when you are speaking and about what you want to convey.
- Even though a recruitment event is a great opportunity to network, it is not a social event. You’re on a mission! Remember, you are being judged on your potential to fit a particular job function.
- If the event includes the opportunity to network, please do so! Recruitment agencies may point you in the direction you want to go or connect you to additional employers.
At all times, remember that this is your chance to be evaluated on more than just your resume. You have the opportunity to really stand out in ways that are not captured on a resume. Therefore, interpersonal skills, communication skills and workforce readiness skills are critical.
Please keep the above in mind as you prepare for our MEET THE RECRUITERS event on Tuesday, Feb. 21, from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Get more information
For more information about this exciting opportunity, contact Marta Przyborowski at 727-341-7973 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.