Soul Injury Event Oct. 9: Liberating Unmourned Loss and Unforgiven Guilt

Soul Injury

The St. Petersburg College Workforce Institute welcomes Soul Injury Film Night and Panel Discussion to the SPC EpiCenter. No Charge. Open to the Public. To register, email WorkForce@SPCollege.edu or call 727-341-4445.

Definition:

A Soul Injury is a spectrum of penetrating wounds that range from traumatic to insidious that separates one from their own sense of self, causing a person to feel defective or worthless.

“I came here for professional development, but left realizing that my sister has a Soul Injury.”

“Great program. I now understand that not everyone suffers from PTSD, it could be a Soul Injury.”

“Wow! This program touched my life in ways I am only now beginning to process.”

These are the kinds of comments I hear following a Soul Injury presentation. As a grief professional, Soul Injury Ambassador and an Opus Peace Board Member I have been traveling the country with this program. I am excited to be partnering with St. Petersburg College to bring it back to where it all began – St. Petersburg, FL.

Soul Injury

When six local VA hospice nurses began to be aware that their patients were suffering from something that had not yet been named, but was recognizable, they had no idea that they would begin a national movement. Today Soul Injury is being brought to cities across the United States. People are seeing the impact it has on their lives and the lives of those they serve. While Deborah Grassman and her team helped veterans to die “healed”, the time to understand and heal from this is now.

On Oct. 9 at 4 p.m., you have the opportunity to attend a free program that is nothing short of life changing. Over the course of a few hours you will understand the nature of this insidious wound, the difference between PTSD and a Soul Injury, how it impacts a person’s life and how to bring healing to your soul. Trauma may take away a person’s sense of self, but 10,000 dying veterans taught us that healing is possible for everyone. Whether you attend for yourself or as part of your professional continuing education, you will leave transformed.

This event is open to the public and all are welcome to attend.

To register, email WorkForce@SPCollege.edu or call 727-341-4445.

For more information on Soul Injury, please click here.

Sponsored by: Veterans Funeral Care