Student Expresses Gratitude to CCIT Department

Dear Dean Setterlind and Dr. Cooper,

I felt compelled to sit down at my desk today and share with you my experience here at St. Petersburg College with a professor that has not only inspired me to do my best work, but has also provided me with a solid foundation of knowledge from which I continue to build on each day.

I took my first course with Professor Adrian Tillman back in the fall of 2012 and responded to his teaching style so much that I went on to successfully complete six more of his courses; graduating last semester with an A.A. and earning a certificate in Java. Whether online or in class, his enthusiasm and passion for his field shines through in his lessons and he goes above and beyond to provide insight or help to anyone who shows an interest. For example, he holds weekly meetings on Google Hangouts for his online students where we are able to ask him questions as well as have the opportunity to meet some of our fellow classmates. Being that I am primarily an online student, I can assure you that this is something unique and it serves to improve the socialization that is lacking in most online courses.

Recently I contacted Professor Tillman at his office, and even though I am not enrolled in any of his courses this semester, he took the time out of his busy day to speak with me about the best way to get feedback from other professionals and gain real world experience. He also provided me with links to several open source projects and answered a few questions that I had about software distribution. However, I was not surprised by his actions at all for this is the level of dedication to teaching that I have come to expect from him.

It is because of professors like Adrian Tillman that I have decided to continue my education at St. Petersburg College and I am very much looking forward to the new changes I have seen in the B.A.S. in Technology Development and Management program.

Sincerely,

Giny Kapili