On Thursday, Sept. 24, about 30 students and faculty attended the first seminar of the newly formed Science and Engineering Club on the St. Petersburg/Gibbs Campus. The new club held its first meeting Sept. 3. The club will meet on the first and third Thursdays every month from 12:30-1:30 p.m. in SC-234.
SPC Microbiology Professor Ray Menard, spoke on:
- An Investigation of the Antimicrobial Properties of Spices
- Antibiotic-Producing Bacteria
- WHAT’S IN THE SOAP???
The club plans to have 2-3 science and engineering seminar speakers during fall and spring terms.
Pictured above (from left) are Professor John Vaughan, co-advisor of Science and Engineering Club; Kaitlynn Galloway, Club Vice President; Dr. Ray Menard, Speaker; Piero Rodriguez, SPC student; Allison DiVito, Club President. Not pictured: Co-advisor – Ann Marie Eligon.
Science and Engineering Club Officers
- Allison DiVito, President
- Kaitlynn Galloway, Vice President
- Malachi Corrao – Secretary
- Kelsey Johnson – Treasurer
- Dwaine Burton
- Joshua Hoppe
- Anabella Hoppe
- Henderson Rhoads (primary interested in geology-based activities)
- Laura Luc
- Ganna Voytseshko