SPC Student Studies in Greece After Receivng Study Abroad Scholarship

Greece

Greece

SPC student, Darciella Jimenez, shares her experience in Greece with St. Petersburg College after receiving a study abroad scholarship: “Studying Abroad in Greece was and will always be an experience I will never forget. Months before, I was very nervous yet excited because this was my first time leaving the United States. All I could think about was how things are going to be so different than what I was used to. Finally, the day came; I grabbed my luggage and drove to the airport and there was no turning back! I was about to learn about a major cultural difference.

Traveling abroad and taking advantage of using historic sites as my class room was beyond amazing. The Tour guides did a fantastic job explaining in details and the importance of the monuments we saw. I was able to see in person; places I have only seen in photos and only heard about on the internet. Out of all the photos I took none of them even come close to the true Beauty of Greece. We were able to meet Giannis Galouzis the Mayor of Kalmynos Greece.

Greece

The best part for me was making new friends with the other students in the abroad program. We shared many laughs together and became very close on this trip. Together we motivated each other to keep hiking up the steep hills; we helped each other understand the assignments due during the trip. We all would take adventures and walk around getting a more intimate experience with the city and islands we visited. We all ate meals together and made friends with the people of Greece. I am very grateful that I was given this fantastic opportunity to visit another country and have my eyes opened to appreciate the cultural differences. If any student has the same opportunity as I did to experience studying abroad I highly recommend doing so you will not regret it.”-Darciella Jimenez, SPC Student, Greece 2018 

Greece

Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us. We are here to help you!

blog.spcollege.edu/international | 727-341-4731 | studyabroad@spcollege.edu