The Florida National Guard Foundation has established a scholarship program to assist members of the Florida Army and Air National Guard in pursuing advanced educational and academic opportunities. The scholarship program is open to the dependents of enlisted, commissioned and warrant officers of the Florida Army and Air National Guard. These scholarships are awarded annually for eligible applicants who are currently attending or have been accepted for attendance at an accredited college, university, or vocational technical school in the State of Florida. This scholarship program is administered by the Board of Directors of the Florida National Guard Foundation.
- Guard members and their
- Current student in good standing at an accredited college, university, or vocational technical school in the State of Applicants may also be a graduating high school senior accepted to attend an accredited college, university, or vocational technical school in the State of Florida.
- This scholarship is open only to those who have NOT received a scholarship in the past three years from the National Guard Association of Florida or the Florida National Guard Foundation.
- Evaluation Criteria: Scholarships are awarded based on the following criteria:
- Academics: Applicants must be in good standing with their school as evidenced by including a transcript in their High school seniors must also include a copy of their college acceptance letter. Applicants must demonstrate average or above average academic achievement, as evidenced by previous grades, test scores, etc.
- Citizenship: Applicants must show civic and moral leadership and character including truthfulness, courage, and devotion to the community and to the country as evidenced by letters, certificates or other supporting documentation. Applicants must submit information demonstrating civic involvement, moral leadership, character that indicates commitment to community, state and/or
- Application procedures:
- The National Guard Foundation Executive Director notifies each Family Readiness Coordinator of the application process and the deadline for packet Information concerning the
scholarship is available on the Foundation website: www.floridanationalguardfoundation.org.
- Applications must be completed by the applicant and received in the Foundation office no later than 10 June 2017. INCOMPLETE OR LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE The packets can be mailed to FLNG Foundation, P.O. Box 717, St. Augustine, FL 32085-0717 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an email when your packet is received.
- Each application is reviewed and boarded by a Board of Directors of the Florida National Guard The applications are evaluated based on academics, citizenship and need. The decision of the Board of Directors is final and all those who submitted an application will be notified either by mail or email by 10 July 2017.
- Application packet contents:
- Application packet
- Scholarship application Must be signed by the applicant.
- Copies of high school or college transcripts reflecting grades through the fall semester immediately prior to the application deadline. On-line and “student copy” transcripts are acceptable. Graduating seniors must also include a copy of their college acceptance letter.
- A brief statement with specific facts as to desire to continue education and anticipated occupation or The statement must include the impact the scholarship would have on the applicant’s ability to reach their academic goals.
- Three letters of recommendation that provides personal character references of the applicant. Letters may not be provided by individuals related to the applicant.
In 2017, the Foundation will award up to $25,000 in scholarships. The number of scholarships awarded will depend on the number of eligible applications received. The Jere Cook Scholarship will be awarded to an applicant in the Engineering Field. And the William Sunday Endowment will award two $250.00 awards to assist a Guardsman attending school.
Applications must be received by 10 June.