St. Petersburg College’s Information Technology program prepares their students to enter the workforce right after graduation. SPC’s IT students can look at Vology, a company in the business of reselling IT infrastructure products and services, as possible employers. Organizations like Vology, look for individuals coming out of school that are passionate about information technology.
Vology’s CEO, Barry Shevlin, believes that SPC is doing a great job for their students. “The folks that are coming out with the CCNA degree — that experience aligns very well with a number of positions in our organization,” explained Shevlin.
Watch Vology CEO, Barry Shevlin video.
SPC graduates are qualified industry professional
Besides championing SPC’s efforts for their IT students, Shevlin emphasizes that it’s the specialized, manufacturing-focused education that works really well for information technology organizations like Vology.
The quality of students from SPC attracts information technology industry leaders. SPC graduates are able to go directly into positions in local IT departments with confidence, and apply the experience and knowledge they gained at SPC.
Spc offers a variety of IT programs
SPC’s Information Technology programs include:
- Bachelors of Applied Science
- Technology Development and Management B.A.S. Degree.
- Associate in Science degrees
- Degrees in Computer Networking
- Computer Programming and Analysis, I.T. Security
- Technology Management
- Web Development
All of the A.S. degrees transfer to the B.A.S. Degree in Technology Development and Management.Also a variety of Certificates are available for students in:
- Computer Support Certificate
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Certificate
- Linux System Administrator Certificate
- Computer Programmer Certificate
- Computer Programming Specialist Certificate
- I.T. Security Certificate
- Web Development Certificate
Learn more about SPC’s College of Computer and Information Technology at www.spcollege.edu/ccit.