St. Petersburg College student Nevan Fitzpatrick had no idea when he applied for an internship at St. Petersburg College that he would end up with an internship and job at E-Telligence. During his internship at E-Telligence he:
- Worked with the IT asset management team to ensure that hardware and software were in compliance with industry standards
- Completed software audits for companies to make sure they had the proper licenses so they could avoid additional costs
- Did some troubleshooting on the computer equipment and completed reports based on what he found
- Edited existing reports for their sequel server
- Made edits to their website.
Learn more about SPC Internships. The deadline for student internship applications is Nov. 1 for spring term internships. #spcintern #careerspc
Since the company was looking for someone to hire, he worked through his internship and was eventually hired on a full-time basis.
Fitzpatrick is a graduate of St. Petersburg College’s Computer Programming and Analysis A.S. Degree program, which is part of the curriculum for the College of Computer & Information Technology. Currently, he is pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Technology Development and Management with a subplan in Software Development.
He advises students that when they are seeking an internship, it is important to:
- Have a good resume
- Look up the companies you are applying to before an interview to show your interest in the company and their mission
- Be well dressed and speak in a confident manner
- Be prepared to prove your skill set
Most of all, Fitzpatrick advised students that your GPA matters. He currently has a 4.0 GPA at St. Petersburg College.