My Favorite Meal and My First Train Ride In Italy with SPC!

Train Ride

My Favorite Meal

While in Italy, my favorite meal was atop the mountains overlooking Rome. After a long bus ride from the city to the mountains, we stopped at a small mountainside town. When we arrived, we walked through the city for a few minutes, admiring the locals enjoying their evenings, and then found the restaurant we would be eating from before getting some time to explore. After getting some pre-dinner gelato, I went back to the restaurant along with the people I was walking with and sat down at our table. Words cannot describe the aesthetics of the view. Not even the photo I have with this can capture the full beauty of the scene. The sunset was breathtaking, and the charm of Italian architecture and buildings only added to the beautiful and unique setting. We sat down at a table and enjoyed some conversations, the view, and we all sipped on sparkling water and Italian Coca-Cola. We had various discussions, and some may even remember my poetic discussion regarding godhood. We all had a good laugh over it. After speaking for a while, we were served with our appetizers. I cannot recall all that was on the plate, but they had some delicious bacon-wrapped pumpkin flowers that tasted amazing. After eating bread and a few appetizers, we were given some delicious pizza on a long wooden board. The pizza was one of the best I’ve had. Knowing this would be my last authentic Italian meal, I ate until I couldn’t bear to stuff another slice in my mouth. It was a sweet moment filled with melancholy as we enjoyed our last meal in Italy, but it was a magical experience. Being able to talk and laugh with some great food with the memories and experiences we’ve accumulated made that meal one of the best in my life.

My First Train Ride

Oddly enough, one of my favorite things in on my trip to Italy was the train ride from Rome to Florence. I’ve never been on a train before, and I was quite excited when we boarded. I never expected it to be so luxurious. It’s ironic as well because in comparison to many of the other trains, this wasn’t too noteworthy. After finding my seat and putting down my part of the table, I sat back enjoyed the ride. After a few minutes, we decided to play some blackjack. For about the first half of the trip, we were playing card games and enjoying our view. It was gorgeous to see the countryside in the morning. There were fields, hills, and various towns scattered about. I especially enjoyed passing through the fields of tall grass as well as the fields of sunflowers. I’ve never been outside of North America before, and to see such a beautiful landscape like that really struck me. On the train ride back, it was even more beautiful. The sunset shone an orange light on the fields, decorating the crests of the hills with a tangerine rim. As day became night, I unfortunately couldn’t see outside of the train, but I bet that it was beautiful.