Study Abroad Scholarships
Think you can’t afford to study abroad? Scholarships are available each year for SPC Study Abroad trips. Check back frequently as this list is updated as additional scholarship details are made available. Please see your financial aid advisor to discuss how Study Abroad scholarships may affect your financial aid.
St. Petersburg College Scholarships:
All scholarship deadlines are November 1, 2018 EXCEPT Jamaica Dental and Australia Vet
- Study Abroad Scholarship
You may be eligible for a scholarship to Study Abroad with St. Petersburg College.
Scholarships are now open for ALL 2018-2019 programs: Apply NOW!
- Foundation Scholarship (Study Abroad scholarship instructions)
SPC students can apply for the Foundation Study Abroad Scholarship. Below are the basic steps to use for study abroad scholarships applicants: Step 1: APPLY NOW! Step 2: Complete the General SPC Foundation Scholarship Application Step 3: Click the opportunities tab and select Study Abroad Scholarship Step 4: Click Apply
- The SPC Honors Program provides additional funding for honors scholars who plan to Study Abroad through the SPC Study Abroad programs. SPC Students (SPC honors student in good academic standing with the Honors Program or Honors Societies such as honors courses, interdisciplinary studies, PTK society, or Golden Key International Society) can apply for the Honors Program Study Abroad Scholarship. Scholarships are now open for ALL 2018-2019 programs: APPLY NOW!
- Bachelor’s Degree Scholarship
If you are a bachelor’s degree student at SPC, you may be eligible for a scholarship towards the cost of one of our Study Abroad program. Scholarships are now open for 2018-2019 programs: APPLY NOW!
Creative Way to Fund your study abroad
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
Students holding a federal Pell Grant at the time of application to the scholarship or during the study abroad period may be eligible for a grant of up to $5,000. All Pell Grant students may apply. Please note: 1) The student’s study abroad project must be at least four weeks long; 2) Preference is given to science courses and non-European countries. Get details and apply online. The deadline for this scholarship is listed on the link and it varies per semester of program.
- Boren Scholarship
Students wishing to do an intensive language study abroad for at least one semester may be eligible for an award of up to $10,000. Those doing a STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) summer study abroad program of at least eight weeks may be eligible for up to $8,000. Please note: programs in Western Europe, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand are not eligible. The deadline for applications is February 2019. Get details and apply online.
- College Consortium for International Studies (CCIS) Scholarships
SPC students can also apply for scholarships for CCIS programs. Learn more about CCIS Scholarships. The deadline for this scholarship is listed on the link and it varies per semester.
- International Student Video Contest
Create and submit an original video by October 13th to be considered for our $4,000 grand prize! Learn more.
- Fund for International Service Learning
Fund for International Service Learning provides scholarships to students enrolled in an international service-learning program. Learn more.
- Hispanic College Fund
The Hispanic College Fund reaches out to Latino college students in need. Learn more.
- International Study Abroad (ISA) Scholarships
SPC students may also be eligible for ISA Scholarships. The deadline for this scholarship is listed on the link and it varies per program.
- The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF)
The National Italian American Foundation awards scholarships and grants to outstanding Italian-American students on the basis of academic merit. Learn more. The deadline for this scholarship is March 1 annually.
- Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
Fifty $1,000 grants are awarded each year to help support undergraduates as they seek knowledge and experience in their academic fields by studying abroad. Learn more. The deadline for this scholarship is listed on the link and it varies per program.
- McCormick Scholarship
The Thomas W. McCormick Scholarship Fund, Corp., hereinafter “the company,” was
incorporated on December 30, 2004 as a Florida non-profit corporation. Its primary
purpose is to provide scholarships to deserving students to promote culture and learning. This program is designed to promote education, encourage people to experience other cultures, and enrich lives.
- GoEuro European Study Abroad Scholarship
European travel company GoEuro is offering three scholarships for students aiming to complete a study abroad program in Europe (Only study abroad programs in EU countries and/or Schengen Area countries are qualified.)
- BUTEX Scholarship
Each year BUTEX awards a number of scholarships to students studying abroad for either a semester or for a whole academic year.
The value of each scholarship is £500 and will be paid to the winners once they have arrived and registered at their host university.
- European Study Center Global Ambassador Scholarship
The European Study Center is offering five $1,000 scholarships for students who qualify.
- Fund for Education Abroad (FEA)
FEA is proud to offer dedicated scholarships to students who, in addition to meeting general eligibility requirements, also meet select demographic, regional, or semester criteria.
- Institute of International Education (IIE) Study Abroad Funding Tool
This resource features detailed descriptions of hundreds of study abroad scholarships, fellowships, grants, and paid internships for U.S. undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate students, and professionals.
- Japan Bridging Scholarship
The Bridging Project offers scholarships to American undergraduate students participating in study-abroad programs in Japan. Funding from private foundations and major U.S. corporations, through donations to the nonprofit US-Japan Bridging Foundation, makes it possible to award about 100 scholarships each year to assist students with the travel and living expenses they will incur while studying abroad in Japan for a semester or an academic year. Applications are accepted twice a year for Bridging Scholarships.
- Morgan Stanley Scholarships for Study in Japan
Morgan Stanley will offer scholarships to two US undergraduates. Eligible students include students at US universities who have an interest in economics and international finance and who have been accepted for study in Japan for the academic year.
- Turkish Coalition of America (TCA)
These scholarships are awarded to full-time undergraduate and graduate students in good standing who have been accepted to a language program or university study abroad program in Turkey, the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC), or Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH). Applicants should also be U.S. Citizens or permanent residents.
Don’t let anything stop you from applying for scholarships!
All Study Abroad scholarships are included as part of your financial aid package during the term of the trip, which could result in a reduction of other financial aid. However, loans (money you have to pay back plus interest) are always reduced first, followed by Federal Work Study. For more information, read the Awarding section of Calculating a financial aid award package.
Need Financial Aid Help?
Students enrolled in an approved Study Abroad program can be reviewed for financial aid eligibility. Please contact a Financial Assistance Services counselor before applying to a study abroad program. We hope to include as many of you as possible on these trips.
Designed with cost in mind
SPC study abroad programs have been designed with cost in mind to enable as many students as possible to participate. We provide a spreadsheet for each trip that will automatically calculate your estimated costs. Trip costs will differ for each student depending on the prices entered for items that are variable (airfare) or optional. Trip costs include:
- SPC Tuition and Fees – To participate in SPC study abroad, you must enroll for credit in an approved study abroad course. Regular SPC tuition and fee payment deadlines apply.
- Program host fees – Some of our programs are designed around destination host packages – lodging, meals, instruction, etc. In most cases, you will have an individual arrangement with the host partner(s) and will make payment directly to them. These costs are included in the program cost spreadsheet.
- Transportation – While some program require that we book group travel, others require the student to make their own travel arrangements. You can lower your costs by using frequent flyer miles or other rewards programs. These costs are estimated in the trip cost spreadsheet.