SPC student poetically shares her experience in Salamanca, Spain

SPC student, Lexi Larkin, poetically shares her experience in Spain with St. Petersburg College after receiving a study abroad scholarship:

“My head is flooded with the memories that will inspire me throughout my life. Nothing compares to the fear and allure of traveling.”

The castle’s stone walls were cold to the touch but, her heart was warmed by the exquisite view she was beholding. She breathed in the wild, soaring wind that rustled the tree tops and cooled her face. She couldn’t help but to marvel at the feeling of looking down upon the country from such a glorious and powerful height. Her smile was unstoppable and as was her determination. Then she entered the throne room and thought of the Queens of the past. The compelling women who held power and used it wisely and justly for their people. To be confident, honorable, persuasive, and dangerously intelligent is all she could hope to thrive for.

A short while later she found herself up a mountain looking at the castle from afar. She laid back and listened to the song of the mountain. The wind spiraled around her and the honey bees hummed in her ear. The wild flowers tickled her as she soaked up the sun. Whatever worries she had vanished and in that moment nothing could interfere with her bliss. Whatever it takes to feel the way I did right there in that moment, I will commit my life to.

If you couldn’t already guess that dramatic narrative was about me and my personal experiences in Spain. It was truly invigorating to witness such wondrous sights. My head is flooded with the memories that will inspire me throughout my life. Nothing compares to the fear and allure of traveling. Both compel action from its victim and if you plan to indulge in the captivating experience of studying Spanish in Spain then prepare yourself for a delightful advancement in your life. I guarantee you will not regret it.

“The lust for comfort murders the passions of the soul.” -Kahlil Gibran

Lexi Larkin, SPC Student, Spain 2018 

Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us. We are here to help you!

blog.spcollege.edu/international | 727-341-4735 | studyabroad@spcollege.edu

Photo: Castillo Aracena Iglesia, Wikimedia Commons, public domain.