St. Petersburg College’s Health Education Center will hold their annual Open House and Student Success Showcase event on Wednesday, April 17 at the Caruth Health Education Center, 7200 66th St N, Pinellas Park. The free event will be from 5 – 7 p.m., and is open to SPC staff, students and the community.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts employment of healthcare occupations is projected to grow 18 percent from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations, adding about 2.4 million new jobs. Healthcare occupations are projected to add more jobs than any of the other occupational groups. This projected growth is mainly due to an aging population, leading to greater demand for healthcare services.
TAKE A TOUR OF THE CAMPUS
Tours will be held at 6 p.m. Visitors can see our state-of-the art Dental Hygiene Clinic, simulation hospital (S.C.E.N.E), anatomage table, EMS vehicles, animals from the Vet Tech center, our Orthotics and Prosthetics lab, and our Physical Therapy Assistant and Respiratory Care labs.
MEET WITH DEANS, PROGRAM DIRECTORS AND FACULTY FROM THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Dental Hygiene
- Emergency Medical Services
- Funeral Services and Arts
- Health Information Technology
- Health Sciences
- Orthotics and Prosthetics
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Respiratory Care
- Veterinary Technology
- Health Services Administration
TALK WITH CURRENT STUDENTS
Learn about our programs from the perspective of current students. They will be there to answer questions and showcase some of their best work!
SPEAK WITH ACADEMIC ADVISORS AND FINANCIAL AID
Learn about program admission requirements, transfer credits, financial aid options, and registering for the spring term for Associate and Baccalaureate programs.
REASONS TO ATTEND:
- Experts will be on-hand to answer all of your questions.
- You’ll find a pressure-free environment to explore potential health majors.
- You can learn about financial aid, apply to the college and register for classes
- Refreshments will be served.