St. Petersburg College Music Industry and Recording Arts and The Sessions are co-hosting a music industry panel discussion with special guest Chick Corea on Feb. 27 from 5 – 10 p.m. at The Palladium at St. Petersburg College. This panel partnership continues The Sessions and MIRA’s focus to empower students through creative studies and professional experience.
This event is FREE for SPC students. A $5 donation from the public is requested, with proceeds benefiting the college’s MIRA program.
The Sessions is a powerful and uplifting interactive presentation that sharpens the business skills of artists in pursuit of excellence in their careers. Topics include contract negotiations, entertainment law, marketing, self-promotion, social media and artist relations. Jules Follett says that the remarkable guest panel, including world-renowned pianist and composer Chick Corea, offers everyone who attends an incredible, one-of-a-kind opportunity for an up close and personal experience with leaders in the industry.
The Sessions core panel at this month’s event will include:
- Drumming global ambassador Dom Famularo
- Tampa based and renowned entertainment attorney Paul Quin
- Saturday Night Live band vocalist and musicologist Christine Ohlman
- Rick Drumm, President of Traction Business Coaching
- Carlos Guzman offers behind-the-scenes biz tips from a production and tour manager
- Ray Luzier, drummer for Korn
- Bobby Rossi, Executive Vice President of Entertainment Ruth Eckerd Hall, Capitol Theatre & Ruth Eckerd on the Road
- Twenty-two-time Grammy winner, NEA Jazz Master and 2017 Downbeat Readers’ Poll Artist of the Year Chick Corea will make a special guest appearance on the panel, as well.
To further empower attendees, the event ends with jam session!
Jules Follett, Executive Director and founder of The Sessions, is a National Board Member of Little Kids Rock and the Chairperson of their Florida Council. She is also the author of the acclaimed “Sticks ‘n” Skins” photography book of drummers, which is in The Smithsonian, Grammy Museum and Country Music Hall of Fame, among other places!