St. Petersburg College’s Arts, Humanities & Design Community will host its first Creative Career Summit this month – an event for both students and the public that explores careers in creative fields.
St. Petersburg College’s Career and Academic Communities offer a way for students to make connections within their areas of interest for careers and continuing education. The Oct. 19 Creative Career Summit will provide attendees with valuable information and exposure to local employers and non-profit organizations.
Creative Career Summit breakout sessions
Interested students, alumni, or students currently enrolled in Associate of Arts or Associate of Science programs in these areas, and the public should plan to attend the variety of engaging and informative breakout sessions at this event.
Those sessions will cover topics such as:
- Disney Information session
- How to present yourself to clients
- Economic impact of the arts
- Panel discussion with new and veteran music teachers
Keynote speaker Al Pitrelli
Pitrelli has been a highly sought-after recording and performing guitarist since breaking into the NYC session scene in 1985. He has earned 32 Gold and Platinum records for his work, both as a member of several bands as well as a session player with artists including Alice Cooper, David Lee Roth, Michael Bolton, Celine Dion, Taylor Dayne, Dee Snider, Savatage, and Megadeth.
Creative Career Summit details
- Doors open to the public and students at 5:30 p.m. at the SPC St. Petersburg/Gibbs Campus Student Services Lobby. The summit begins promptly at 6 p.m. and runs until 8:30 p.m.
- We will be providing a workshop agenda at check-in.
- For more information and to RSVP for this event, please review the information here.
- Questions? Please contact Rosaria Pipitone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arts, Humanities and Design degrees at SPC
SPC has built a long tradition of educating students in all areas of the arts, including studio art, photography, digital and graphic arts, theater, dance, music and the music and entertainment industry.
Learn more about the variety of programs at the college.