Categories Menu

Posted by on Jun 23, 2021 in College 101 | 0 comments

Earning your degree at St. Petersburg College

In the fall of 2017, I decided I really needed—or I should say wanted—to go back to school. After doing exceptionally well in high school, getting into multiple larger universities, picking a major that I thought I wanted to study, I went to college for a bit and found it was not what I wanted to be studying. After a few years—and by a few, I mean just shy of eight—I knew what I wanted to be studying and where I would be going.

In 2018, I began working towards an Associate in Science degree in Business Administration with a marketing sub-plan at St. Petersburg College (SPC). I worked with a couple SPC advisors each semester to make sure I was set up for success. Within those two years, I was inducted into Phi Theta Kappa’s Eta Nu chapter, received multiple scholarships, and completed my first degree.

For me personally, I decided that I didn’t want to take a break from my education again now that I had figured out that I wanted to study business.

After graduating in the fall of 2019, I immediately began working towards my bachelor’s degree at SPC studying Management and Organizational Leadership with a Sports Management subplan. The degree path that I selected was exactly what I wanted, but in the route, I selected, I would have to go back and take some general education courses with my upper-level courses. This was exactly what I needed; the balance was perfect and it helped set me up for the most success possible.

Fast-forward to a few weeks after the Spring 2021 semester ended and I received something in the mail from the Office of the Registrar at SPC. What could I possibly be receiving from the college? Summer classes had already begun, I’d be able to enroll in my Capstone after those classes were completed, so what was it? It was my Associate in Arts degree!

I knew all along that I would be taking general education courses to fulfill the requirements for my Bachelor of Science degree, but I had no clue I would be receiving an additional diploma for it. By the end of my time spent at SPC, I will have earned an Associate in Science, an Associate in Arts, and finally, a Bachelor in Science degree.

St. Petersburg College makes it easy and convenient to earn your degree, and sometimes even multiple degrees. To learn more about available programs at SPC, visit spcollege.edu/degrees. If you’d like to apply and become a student, head to spcollege.edu/apply.

Post a Reply

© 2021 St. Petersburg College | Legal Notices