Alumni speak at Public Policy luncheon

The Public Policy and Administration program hosted its 15th Public Policy Leadership Speaker Series Luncheon on Wednesday. After a catered luncheon at the Seminole Campus, a distinguished panel of alumni spoke about how their experiences in the program have impacted their lives and careers.

“My journey in this program has shaped my journey in life, and I am so thankful for it,” said program alumnus Connor Donovan.

Donovan was recently elected to the Tarpon Springs City Commission, a position he sought after conversations with Program Director Jeff Kronschnabl. Donovan lauded the professors in the program for being so accessible and encouraging.

“The great thing about our Public Policy and Leadership program is that every professor cares about each and every student,” he said.

Panelist Octavia Jarnegan, who graduated in May 2018 and works for the Hillsborough County Clerk of Court, said establishing relationships with classmates and professors has expanded her horizons.

“When I came to my first class, I didn’t know anybody, but when I left – I left knowing some of the best people I’ve ever known,” she said.

Jarnegan and others said they have been able to implement part or all of their Capstone projects in their workplace. It shows, they said, how relevant the program is to their careers.

“These classes do prepare you for real life,” said 2017 graduate Daria Johnson, who works for the Florida Department of Education.

The Public Policy program thanks the panelists:

– Connor Donovan
– Sane Haidara
– Octavia Jarnegan
– Daria Johnson, and
– Benjamin Woods