At Tuesday’s Board of Trustees meeting, Dr. Shannon Ulrich, Faculty Governance Organization Chair, presented an update on FGO’s spring projects, including the 2019 Titan Trot. This year, more than $3,000 was raised for student scholarships.
Dr. Misty Kemp, Executive Director of Retention Services, and Dr. Joseph Smiley, Dean of Social and Behavioral Sciences, presented on the college’s civic engagement initiatives. During the Spring 2019 Term, more than 3,000 SPC students, faculty and staff participated in various service learning and civic activities in the community.
Also, at the meeting:
- Nancy Kelley retired from the college.
- Jeanne Trimble, Chair of Career Service Employee Council, shared that the CSEC council presented at the AFC Meeting and Conference on Nov. 8-9.
- Associate VP of Budgeting and Compliance Janette Hunt presented the monthly budget report.
- Brian Miles, VP of Administration, Finance and Technology, presented a construction design request for the Health Education Center.
- Diana Wright, Acting AVP of Facilities Planning and Institutional Services, provided an update on the Joseph H. Lang Student Success Center.