Join the SPC family as we celebrate the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr through a variety of service projects across Pinellas County. Students, faculty, staff and community partners will be rolling up their sleeves to make a difference and carry forward the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr’s commitment to service.
Please take a look at the variety of volunteer opportunities below and click here to sign up: http://web.spcollege.edu/survey/23042
Clearwater Campus: Bridging Differences in a Time of Change: Exploring Approaches to Dialogue, Community Building, and Peacebuilding – January 17 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm – ES 104. Contact; Suzanne Preston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clearwater Campus: City of Clearwater volunteer opportunities. Contact Natalie Lamb, 727-562-4803 or email@example.com
- Monday, January 16 – Cleaning Moccasin Lake Nature Park (up to 100 people needed)
- Monday, January 16 – Cleveland Street Planting Project (60 people needed or six groups of 10 people)
- Tuesday, January 24 – Beach Cleanup, Plant removal (30 people needed)
- Thursday, January 26 – Beach Beautification, New plants potted (30 people needed)
- Week of 23rd-27th – Eddie C. Moore Ball Field (10-20 people needed)
Downtown/St. Pete Gibbs campuses: Adopt-A-Block – January 13, 9am to 12 noon -Unito Street in St. Petersburg. Contact Tara Newsom at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Midtown/St. Pete Gibbs/Clearwater/Tarpon Springs Campuses: SPC Float & Parading at Tampa MLK Parade – January 16. Contact Evelyn Madera at email@example.com.
Midtown-Keene campus: PB&J for Tampa Bay – TBD. Contact Niki Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.